Weethalle Whistle Stop Museum
The Weethalle Whistle Stop Museum offers something for everyone. Displays housed in the historic CBC Bank building offer the visitor a taste of local pastoral history and the outdoor exhibit currently being developed, profiles the life of a local farmer who continued to use his horse drawn farming implements through the age of mechanisation - as a result this collection is rare and authentic and is not to be missed.
The railway station itself, which first opened in 1923, has been restored and now runs as a tea-room and craft shop and was a finalist in the Riverina Tourist Attraction Awards in 2009.
Opening Hours - 10am to 4pm daily (subject to volunteer availability) Weethalle Whistlestop- Railway Station, Weethalle Enquiries: 02 69756199
The Ungarie Museum and Historical Society
The Ungarie Museum has an extensive local history collection with a particular focus on the historical Wollongough Station. The Museum highlights objects and stories that reflect the ingenuity and thrift of local country people and the theme of 'making-do' is consistent throughout the exhibition. The Ungarie Museum has hundreds of tales to tell and the volunteers at the Museum love sharing their community stories.
The Museum has recently shared some of its stories via the ABC Open Object Stories Virtual Museum Project. These stories can be found at https://open.abc.net.au/people/ungarie-museum-92xm5aw
Opening Hours - every 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month from 10am until 4pm - 33 Wollongough Street Ungaire. Enquiries: Nicole Lewis 0409 604063 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bland District Historical Society Inc has been managing a Museum in the Wyalong district since 1965. Now located in the Old Court House in Wyalong, this heritage building displays the objects as never before. The historic Court Room has been left as it was in 1900, and school children are encouraged to participate in minor court cases, which has proven very popular with both teachers and the children. There is a War room where memorabilia from both world wars is displayed, with Victoria Cross winner Reg Rattey a feature. The late 1890's bedroom, parlour and kitchen complete the interior of the Court House. Every six months the displays are changed in the public seating section of the Court Room as well as the front foyer, thus giving locals as well as visitors a reason to re visit.
Our machinery and mining displays are housed in large shed at the rear of the precinct. New toilets and large gardens complete the premises. The museum is open from 2pm till 5pm with two volunteers on duty. The Wyalong Museum can be found on the Newell Highway on the corners of Neeld and Slee Streets Wyalong
The Wyalong Museum website can be viewed by clicking on the following link http://www.wyalongmuseum.com.au/
Wyalong District Family History Group
The Wyalong District Family History Group was formed in 1994 with membership of around 30 remaining stable over the years.
This group produces newsletters for its members 3 times per year and member have free access to all the Library resources held by the group. The Wyalong District Family History Group will also undertake research for non-members for a small fee.
For further information on the Wyalong District Family History Group click on the following link http://wyalongfamilyhistory.com/ .